The Cornerstone of a great day!
Growing up, I considered shaving an art form and a gateway to adulthood. I was one of those teens that didn’t have any facial hair for years… Therefore, it was more of a disastrous acne that kept creeping up on me! *yikes*
It wasn’t until my graduation that shaving became a part of my daily skincare regimen. At first, it was an uncomfortable daily chore but as time went on, I started to learn more about my skin. I became more aware of what products work on me and what I needed to do to make shaving a smooth (and comfortable) process.
A few months ago, my friend introduced me to Cornerstone – a flexible subscription delivery service, which provides razor blades and men’s shaving supplies. Cornerstone is the first brand of its kind to revolutionise men’s morning skincare routine. Their British-blended products are paraben and alcohol-free, whilst their new German-engineered razors give a much smoother shave than ever before.
After testing Cornerstone’s new and improved razor, I can say (with confidence) that this is the product I’ll keep around! It doesn’t drag or pull my skin. The design is very stylish and comfortable to hold. The best part of this set is a little red cap for the razor. As someone who is always on the go, I like to keep my skincare products in one tiny travel bag. Therefore, a good razor protection is necessary!
This month, I teamed up with Cornerstone to give you a 5-step shaving routine. Your face is the mirror of your heart, so take a good care of it. *gives himself extra 10 minutes to shave in the morning and scrolls down*
Without further ado, here are my 5 steps to start your day right!
- Shower – first of all, take a warm shower. This will help open your pores and soften your facial hairs. *splash splash*
- Exfoliate – as I mentioned previously, scrubbing the area you want to shave will reduce ingrown hairs and bumps. Use Cornerstone’s Pre-Shave Face Scrub to gently exfoliate your skin and clear the dirt from your pores. This will raise your facial hairs as high above the skin as possible, making it easier to shave and avoid razor cuts. Scrub, then wash off.
- Apply – take plenty amounts of Sensitive Shave Gel and apply to the shaving area. Gel’s formula is low-lather, therefore it’s easier to see areas you want to shave. Also, Ginger and Eucalyptus scent will make you want to shave – even when you don’t have to!
- Shave – this is my favourite part! You know what you have to do here. I would suggest you don’t shave against the grain, especially in your neck area where the skin is much more sensitive. Your facial hair grows in different directions, so use your fingertips to know the direction of your hair growth. If it feels spiky – you’re going against the grain. Shaving should be a smooth process, so if you feel that your razor drags or pulls your skin – double check and rinse blades under running hot water.
- Maintain – use cold water to close your pores and to remove any remaining shave gel. Towel-dry your face and apply Cornerstone’s Sensitive Cooling Post-Shave Balm to moisturise your skin and protect skin from irritation. Everyone who knows me in real life knows that I love a good post-shave balm. This mint and honey combo will make you feel refreshed and all set for the day.
SUBSCRIBE Cornerstone – use code ‘SALTPEPPER10‘ for £10 off your first box!
Thanks to Cornerstone for sponsoring this post. All views are my own.