Finding that perfect spot.
Last week, I met my friend Mervin Kaye. Mervin is a full-time nurse who also happens to have an impeccable eye for detail. His Instagram feed makes thousands of people from all over the world feel very inspired and happy. You know it’s something special when it makes you feel good, right? *double taps on every single post*
In the past, Mervin has worked with brands like Sony and Apple but, quite frankly, he enjoys doing his own thing on social media. We both like to experience life and hear unique stories from people who share the same passion as us. Hence we decided to collaborate!
We spent our day scouting for locations to shoot my Father’s Day-inspired look. This charming little Italian deli on Long Lane – Fine Food – was perfect for this exact moment. Reflections from large windows and buildings opposite gave me those warm tones I was looking for.
When I’m out location scouting, I look for places that speak to me. Places that give me that good feeling inside. I usually spend hours walking around London until I find the right spot.
Bellow you’ll find my last minute Father’s Day gift guide, including clothes and accessories featured in this post. *scrolls down*
The very last-minute Father’s Day Gift Guide!
I could lie and say that I’m never late but I’m practising this thing called ‘honesty‘ and it helps… Well, not really.
With Father’s Day fast approaching (blimey, it’s THIS SUNDAYYY!), I have to come up with something quick but thoughtful. *tries to stay calm and avoid panic-shopping*
Luckily, I’ve been introduced to some really cool brands lately that cater to men of all ages. Especially those who have successfully caught up with this millennial-mindset craze!
So, without further distraction, here’s the list of things you should get for Father’s Day:
- Plunge straight into paradise – for every style-conscious dad out there, plain white shirts are no longer fundamental. Hence this season, Simon Carter unveiled a versatile selection of shirts that are bursting with charm and are fully adapted to the sartorial demands of the big city. In this shoot, I’m wearing Simon Carter’s eye-catching Paradise Birds Liberty Fabric Shirt, £135.
- May your anchor be tight – let’s be honest here, the most elegant and timeless gift you can give to your dad is a classic leather-strapped watch from Paul Hewitt (e.g. the one I’m wearing – Signature Line White Ocean Watch, €229). However, if you’re on a budget, I would recommend getting their Anchor Bracelet(€49) instead. It would most definitely compliment your dad’s arsenal of watches.
- A journey filled with strength and poetry – my latest obsession is Terre d’Hermès perfume. I’m wearing it almost every day! The scent is based on an alchemy of wood, the hint of orange, the bitterness of grapefruit and the vivacity of pepper and fresh spices… Not to mention the fact that it lasts the whole day! From £56.
- The ultimate defence shield – a man’s skin is constantly under attack from harsh weather, pollution and central heating. Good skincare regiment is a must! Quite recently, I’ve tried Stoer Skincare products and I cannot recommend these guys enough. Their products strengthen skin’s natural barrier, help stimulate collagen production and provide hydration for the whole day. Happy (youthful looking) days! From £24.
- Start your day right – last but not least, we have my favourite shaving company! For this Father’s Day, Cornerstone has subscription-free packages, as well as a buffalo-leather wash bag to store all those amazing grooming essentials. Take a look at their gift sets here. From £30.