… or otherwise known as, the most life-changing years of my entire existence!
Last weekend, I turned 27 years old. It was both a nerve-wracking and exciting time for me as I was patiently waiting to turn this age for years. Why, you might be asking? Well, I’ve just entered my Saturn return phase! *ermmm, Saturn what?!* From now until my 31st birthday, I’ll be going through some changes that may or may not be that life-changing.
Saturn Return is an astrological phenomenon, best known for shaking up your entire existence. It’s the moment when Saturn completes its orbit around the sun, landing in the same spot it was in when you were born. The whole process takes about 29 and a half years to complete but the influence of it is considered to begin when you turn 27. *yikes* However, Saturn return will not take you into a new era of maturity with a snap of a finger. From your job to your relationships – everything in your life will be tested. So, be prepared… I mean, who am I kidding??? We are all doomed! *hides under the bed*
Whilst it can be a stressful thing to go through but all these experiences can lead you to be a stronger and happier person. I’m so so excited to see what is coming my way in the next 4 years. Hopefully, it’s going to be a fun ride!
I’m no life expert (actually, the opposite) but I want to share some insights of what I’ve learned so far and what I expect to do during my Saturn return phase. Are you ready?!
So, here are my 27 things I’ve learned in my 20s so far and hoping to implement on my Saturn return *puts on a kettle* :
- You will make a lot of mistakes. But remember to use those bad experience to your advantage and learn from them.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up, not drag you down.
- Take your time to find your tribe. Then nurture them with your presence.
- When it comes to your job… Be patient and work hard.
- Play harder than #TeamBritain at the World Cup.
- Live life on a budget. You may not be able to save a lot of money in one monthly paycheck but putting some money aside each month can go a long way. Have you heard of Monzo?!
- Love yourself. Never let anyone judge you for the way you look or the way you act. Therefore, show them the door!
- Treat yourself at least once a week. Whether it’s a Starbucks or street food market on a Friday, make that little investment to your overall happiness.
- Ask a lot of questions. Being curious is the way forward to success.
- The best advice I have ever received: never take yourself too seriously.
- Don’t lie.
- Be honest.
- Known fact: life goes faster as you get older. Therefore, be spontaneous and be present in your life.
- Have a laugh, see point 10 again. Thank God I have a good sense of humour, people around me literally die… and live longer too! *giggles*
- Life is too short for bad jobs, bad relationships and bad circumstances. You’re in charge of your own destiny!
- Dream BIG!
- If you want something – don’t be afraid to ask for it, but make sure you are ready to give something back. Because… No one likes a user abuser. *wink wink nudge nudge*
- Sometimes, silence is the best policy.
- Gossiping is a really bad habit.
- Go on a lot of dates! They may go nowhere or may go ALL THE WAY… But most importantly, have fun and don’t overthink things.
- Explore the person you want to be and just go for it!
- Think about life. Take a deep breath. *ommm*
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Staying in on a Friday night might be the best decision you’ve made all week.
- That one special person might be closer than you think. Look around.
- Age is just a number.
- Never chase a trend. Be one!