Another year has gone by and 2017 is looking rather amazing!
2016 has been the most life-changing year to date: I’ve travelled the world, embraced new experiences and moved to a new place for the first time in 4 years. My life is starting to look a lot like what I was dreaming about, 7 years ago.
In the great tradition of New Year’s resolutions, I’ve decided to share 16 things that I’ve learned in 2016 and would recommend doing in 2017. So, let’s get started…
- Accept the things you cannot change… AND always try to do your best.
- Stand up for what you believe in and never let anyone feed you with negative thoughts or doubt.
- Spend your hard-earned money on experiences. Travel the world, go to gigs, party hard and learn something new. Material things can get lost or destroyed, but your memories will last for decades if not a lifetime.
- Wake up early each morning and do something you really enjoy. Go to the gym, visit your favourite coffee shop, read a funny story on Buzzfeed… Just do something that will start your busy day on a positive note.
- Stop trying hard to please people and do what’s best for you.
- Drink loads of water every day. I personally like to infuse water with fresh cucumber and lemon because it’s the ultimate detox drink. Cucumbers and lemon juice flush your system and help you feel better. It’s also good for weight loss, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Treat yourself to a really nice meal each month. Gather your mates and check out the latest foodie trends in your city. Explore, try something new and order that extra side to go with your meal.
- Taste everything at least once! You may not like lamb testicles but there’s nothing worse than having regrets in life.
- Try on a stylish new accessory this year. Whether it’s a shiny new bangle or a dapper-looking snap back, accessories are the easiest way to experiment with your style and get out of your comfort zone.
- Make sure you have the following 5 wardrobe essentials: white trainers, plain white t-shirt, skinny denim jeans, slim-fit chinos (in khaki) and brown classic shoes.
- Learn how to sew… or at least learn how to patch things up!
- Cleanse your facial skin at least once a week. I’d recommend using clay masks or mud masks to make your skin extra smooth and fresh. Also, invest some money in a good facial scrub to exfoliate your skin daily.
- Invest in a new beauty product every 3-4 months. Recently, I’ve discovered a Vitamin C serum and it’s doing wonders to my face. I use it daily and my face looks (and feels) much firmer and younger.
- The secret to a photo-ready face is a mattifying powder. #SelfieGameStrong
- Get lost in a foreign place… and no cheating! *Leaves the phone at home* Words cannot explain how exciting it is to meet new people and be present in the moment.
- Spend one weekend a year on your own. Go abroad, rent a car or visit a place you’ve never been before. Disconnect and give yourself some “me time” for 72 hours. This can really help you to reevaluate your current situation in life and play a key role in your further success. I always get really inspired when I’m on my own, walking for hours and thinking about the future.
Have a great New Year’s eve celebration and I see you all in 2017!
VISIT: The Hoxton Hotel in Holborn for some quality food and coffee. The lounge area is perfect for working-from-home.