Salt in the air, sand in my hair.
I must admit, it’s been 2 weeks now and I’m still having some serious Miami withdrawals! My Instagram feed is heaving with holiday posts from up to this day, simply because I’m taking my time off to really set my mind up for the summer. There are some really exciting projects coming my way, so make sure you keep an eye on my blog for further announcements! *yay*
Words cannot describe how amazing my trip to Miami was. I spent my days basking in the sun, chilling on the yacht, dancing until sunrise and drowning myself in refillable Double Gulps. We took SO MANY PICTURES, I mean, way too many! This is just a handful of shots I picked from our days out in Wynwood, Jungle Island, Ocean Drive and Loews Miami Beach Hotel. You can find out more information about these places on my Miami city guide below. *scrolls down*
So, without further ado… Here’s my complete Miami city guide, featuring excessive amounts of fried chicken, bottomless drag brunches and out-of-this-world creatures (no, not you).
- Spring Chicken – I’ll go anywhere where they serve fried chicken… or any chicken, really. Order their new Hot and Sweet chicken sandwich with cheesy fries! Pssst… *evidence here*
- Havana 1957 – situated in the centre of Española Way, this epic little gem is the closest thing you can get to Cuba without being in Cuba. We’ve tried their signature dish, which is a family traditional roasted chicken, served with a delicious Cuban gravy, white rice and black beans on the side – all under twenty bucks!
- Chalán on the Beach – the perfect lunch spot. Peruvian fantasy! Order ocopa for starters, which is a very smooth and tasty sauce, used as a dressing for boiled potatoes. Otherwise, ask the waiter for daily specials!
- The Broken Shaker – in the evening, this compact watering hole in the Freehand Hostel turns into the coolest backyard in South Beach. The cocktails there are on point, whilst resident DJs set the perfect mood for the night. Try EVERYTHING on the menu because it’s just hard to pick one!
- Palace – bottomless drag brunches, enough said.
- Gaythering – Miami’s answer to Circa Soho. This little venue is perfect for socialising and making new connections. There are plenty of board games available and you might get some free pizza as well. *eats his body weight in pizza*
- Twist – the ultimate Miami gay party experience. Two levels and seven bars make this a must-visit venue in South Beach. You can have a bar crawl without even leaving the place! I spent most of my time in the smoking area, where they played Britney Spears music videos non-stop. *Mr. Salt and Pepper’s Vegas residency takes The Magic City*
- Score – high-energy venue featuring a giant disco ball and fierce drag queens. I went there with my girl Shangela and it was a night to remember! So, add this to your nightlife itinerary.
- Daytime Pool Party – there are plenty of those happening, especially over the weekend. The one I went to was at The Raleigh – disco beats, unicorn inflatables and sexy people. *wink wink*
- Pérez Art Museum Miami – in my previous post, I wrote about my experience at PAMM and it was astounding. On Saturday, visit their Science Barge and learn more about the environmental sustainability efforts in Miami. Perhaps we could apply some of that knowledge to our city?
- Wynwood Walls – home to over 70 galleries, museums and collections. At first, it may seem as a usual hipster hangout but it gets much more exciting as you spend more time at this infamous arts district. We have SO MANY PHOTOS from Wynwood and you can see a little chunk of that in this post!
- Jungle Island – birds, cats, monkeys and dinosaur-like creatures. We were impressed!