If Miami hasn’t got it, they haven’t invented it yet!
For those who follow me on social media know that I’m currently getting severely tanned in South Beach, Miami! *sorry not sorry* From bottomless drag brunches on Ocean Drive to daytime pool parties with the LA squad (people I met in LA last year) – my first weekend in Miami was truly unforgettable!
We’ve spent our first few days exploring South Beach and Downtown Miami. We went to Pérez Art Museum Miami and learnt more about dying languages of the world. Who knew that Livonian language is close to extinction?! Well, I didn’t know! *traces back his Baltic roots to find out whether he has any Livonian relatives*
Here are several facts about Miami (from my point of view, so far):
- There are more Spanish speakers than English speakers.
- Americans are extremely friendly, so they will come up to you and talk to you out of nowhere.
- Outside of South Beach, no one really walks in the street…
- … and everything is much more spread out.
- 7/eleven is your best friend!
- Food portions at restaurants are fairly small…
- … but everything else is huge!
- Most Americans think that I am British. *blimey*
- The weather stays the same throughout the day. Therefore, it doesn’t get any cooler at night. *puts his jumpers and light jackets back in the suitcase*
- Wynwood is the only place in Miami where you don’t have to pay to look at the art.
- Roosters in Wynwood are something else!
- The first Burger King opened here in Miami, yet we still haven’t had a burger in America… It’s Day 7!
- Air con is the best invention, ever.