It may be the end of January but it’s never too late to start your fitness journey this year. I believe that it takes roughly 18 days to form a habit. So, I collected a list of 10 easy health and fitness habits that you should get yourself into right away! Are you ready?! Here you go:
- Wake up 2-3 hours before work and do something you like. I, personally, like to go to the gym in the morning, then make myself a lush breakfast and even do a bit of work on my blog/Instagram.
- Pack your gym bag first thing in the morning.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and have a full glass of water close to you at all times.
- Make sure you have snacks in between your meals. *sips on a green tea*
- Fill your work desk drawer with healthy snacks like dark chocolate, nuts, and protein-rich bars.
- Spend part of your lunch break walking around the area.
- Plan your weekly meals in advance and spend at least one-to-two hours cooking your meals for the week. I usually meal prep on a Sunday. *hint hint*
- Avoid eating late at night. So, make sure you have your last meal at least 2 hours before bed.
- Log all your data onto the Fitwell app, such as water intake, meals, exercises and weight. Have you tried their personal fitness coach feature yet?
- Sign up for an exercise class and commit to it. This year, I really want to get better at yoga. So, I already booked my yoga classes for the next 3 months. *sigh*
There you have it! Which of these habits do you already have in place and which ones are you are planning to form in the next couple of weeks? I’d like to hear from you in the comments section below! *wink*
Introducing… HIIT Sportswear!
The thing that often fails me in life is my workout gear. Within the first few weeks, my gym clothes often wear off, get saggy and even burst at the seams. *tries to stay calm* Therefore, it’s super hard to find apparel that is durable yet versatile.
Recently, I was introduced to HIIT Sportswear, a brand new performance and leisurewear collection for men. Engineered for performance, HIIT Sportswear is designed to meet the needs of the modern man. *that’s me, whoop whoop*
Josh ‘JP’ Patterson from Made in Chelsea is behind this exciting new project. As an ex-professional rugby player and huge fitness fan, Josh has used exercise to help overcome anxiety and depression. So, his aim here is to help other men to deal with these issues.
In the past, I used to struggle with anxiety and stress. But now I alleviate these feelings by exercising daily and eating healthily. Therefore, I’m 110% with this brand because men’s mental health is not something that gets discussed between us very often. *two thumbs up*
I wanted to show some love to a brand that I’m so happy to cross paths with. If you have a minute, you can browse through the entire collection on Burton Menswear London. For less than £100, you can easily update your workout gear with some good quality pieces, perfectly designed for outdoor and indoor exercise. *counts dancing in his bedrooms as an intense indoor workout*
SHOP THIS LOOK
Thanks to Justina Navickaitė (@itsjustinesjournal) for taking these amazing pictures. Check out her fashion blog here.