You are never too old or too young to get into a daily skincare ritual.
Skin is your largest organ and as any other part of your body, it needs to be taken care of daily. As we grow older, our body produces less and less of everything, so it is essential for us to find ways to make this process go as slow as possible.
A daily skincare routine can prevent your skin from acne, irritations and – most importantly – wrinkles! You can’t turn back time but you can start taking care of your skin today. Tomorrow You will thank Today You for it. Mine already did! *convinced that time-travelling exist*
This month, I’ve decided to compile a list of skincare products that I use every day. After applying these products for a week, I noticed a dramatic change in my skin’s complexion. Quality skincare makes my life a better places and so it should for you too.
Here are my 5 skincare rituals to make YOU look good and feel gorgeous!
- Cleanse – do this first thing in the morning and before going to bed. Wash your face with a cleanser to remove dead skin cells and impurities. I’d recommend Cell Renewal Micro-Resurfacing Cleanser by Dr. Levy. It has 3 application options – it acts as a cleanser, an intensive micro-resurfacer, and as a skin-renewing face mask. Wicked! However, if the price tag seems a bit out of reach, then try a daily facial cleanser from Kyoku for Men instead (link in credits below).
- Tone – for some it may seem unnecessary, but as someone who has oily skin and suffers psoriasis, a toner is a great addition to my skincare regimen. Toner adjusts skin’s pH balance after cleansing. It also works well for men who wear makeup and sunscreen during summer months. So… Why not!
- Scrub – you should exfoliate your skin 1-3 times per week, depending on how oily your skin is. My skin is extra oily, therefore I try to scrub my face 3-4 times per week. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and other build ups on your skin. It also improves circulation to your face, which reduces clogged pores and breakouts!
- Shave – before you do so, scrub the area you want to shave to reduce ingrown hairs and bumps. A facial scrub will raise facial hair as high above the skin as possible, making it easier to shave. In terms of the shaving kit, Cornerstone completely slays its competition. This flexible delivery service offers a wide range of products, suited for any skin type. You even get a razor with your initials engraved on it! *happy dance*
- Hydrate – last but not least – moisturiser makes your skin firmer and has an anti-aging effect. As you get older, your skin produces less and less collagen (a.k.a. skin proteins), therefore it can’t hold as much moisture as it used to. A good moisturiser hydrates and delivers essential nutrients to your skin cells, so they continue to look fuller, healthy and youthful. BLIMEY, I wish I knew this when I was 14 years old! *gets extremely emotional*
SHOP MY FAVOURITES: Sensitive Shave Gel and Razor from Cornerstone | Olivestone Face Scrub from ManCave | Cell Renewal Micro-Resurfacing Cleanser from Dr. Levy (alternatively, try Daily Facial Cleanser from Kyoku) | Matt ‘Skin Refreshing” Gel Toner from men-ü | Men Expert Hydra Energetic Moisturiser from L’Oréal Paris